I attended the Adobe Developer Week session ColdFusion Powered Flex Applications presented by Ben Forta. Of course Ben had some good information and a nice quick sample using the ColdFusion Application Wizard to build a full CRUD application.
Here are some of the main points that Ben presented:
Adobe has invested heavily to provide clean and simple integration of ColdFusion and Flex 2
A ColdFusion update (7.0.2) will be provided with the release of Flex 2. The update will include:
- Minor Big fixes
- Built in support for Flex Apps
- A Flex Data Services adapter
- New Messaging Gateway
The only thing that will require the CF Enterprise Server is the messaging functionality. The messaging gateway is not included in the Standard server.
ColdFusion specific wizard
- Builds a complete CRUD application:
- ColdFusion back-end
- MXML & AS Front End
- Series of forms
- Allows you to build master and detail ‘pages’ based on your database.
- Creats edit pages quickly and easily. You can specify
- The control used for the edit pages
- The data used to populate the controls
- Allows you to quickly set up the application navigation as a tree structure
- One check box to create a login framework